ABLE Instruments are the official UK representative for Magnetrol’s range of level switches, available from 247able, the Thermatel TD1/TD2 and the Echotel 961/962. The technologies available are based on thermal dispersion and ultrasonics respectively.
Both switch types:
- Offer explosion proof variants
- Are suited for SIL 1 and SIL 2 loops (full FMEDA reports available)
- Have excellent repeatability
- Use SPDT/DPDT relays to indicate when a certain process level has been reached to prevent system damage or overflow
- Deploy continuous self-test diagnostics for sensor fault with selectable error output
The Thermatel uses convective heat transfer. When used as a level/interface switch, it is the thermal conductivity of the fluid that provides the difference in heat transfer. As well as conventional high and low level alarms, this switch type is ideal for oil/water and liquid/foam interface detection.
The Echotel utilises pulse signal technology to provide high or low level alarm(s) in a broad range of light to viscous liquids.
Typical applications include:
- Oil Manufacturing Plants
- Water Treatment
- Paper and Pulp Production Divisions
- Petrochemical and Chemical Making & Refinery Units
- Waste Material Handling Industry
- Beverage and Food Manufacturing Factories
- Pharmaceutical Processes
- Power Generating Plants
- Pump Protection