Magnetrol Echotel 961/962 Ultrasonic Level Switch
ABLE Instruments are the authorised representative for Magnetrol in the UK, including Echotel 961 and 962 Ultrasonic Level Switches. Increasing demands for compliance with safety systems and overfill protection have mandated more reliable point level measurement and the 961/962 meet these demands with advanced transducer designs, extensive hazardous location approvals, and a new self-test technology.
Echotel Model 961 offers the ultimate solution to reliable single-point liquid level measurement. This advanced switch uses pulsed signal technology for superior performance in difficult process conditions, and to provide excellent immunity from sources of electrical noise interference. Extensive self-testing of the electronics and transducer make this advanced switch suitable for use in Safety Integrity Level (SIL) 2 loops.
The Echotel Model 961 is equipped with advanced diagnostics that continuously check the sensor and electronics. The diagnostics also alarm for electrical noise interference from external sources.
Echotel Model 962 is a dual-point switch that can be used as a level controller, or to control pumps in an auto fill or auto empty mode. The tip sensitive lower gap performs well in aerated or foamy liquids, and can measure to within 1.4″ of the vessel bottom. The rigidity of the unique flow-through upper gap allows separations of up to 125″ (318 cm) between the upper and lower transducer gaps.
Have a particular application / project in mind? We’d welcome a call on +44 (0) 1189 169 420, or email us now at [email protected]
- No Calibration
- 2 wire loop powered with mA output or AC/DC line powered with integrated relay(s)
- Continuous self-test with selectable error output
- LED identification for process alarm, transducer error, electronics or electrical noise interference and wet/dry status of transducer
- Push buttons for manual testing of alarm and error signals
- Adjustable time delay up to 45 seconds
- Metal and plastic transducers
- Suited for SIL 1 and SIL 2 loops (full FMEDA report available)