Magnetrol Model R82 Non-Contact Radar Level Transmitter
ABLE Instruments are the authorised representative for Magnetrol in the UK, including the R82 radar transmitter based on pulse burst radar technology with equivalent time sampling circuitry. Short bursts of 26GHz microwave energy are emitted and subsequently reflected from the liquid level surface.
Advancements in radar circuitry have evolved the modern radar transmitter so that now it is light, inexpensive, loop-powered and easy to use. The R82 is the logical extension of that evolution.
The R82 is available with either a Tefzel (ETFE) or a polypropylene antenna and both options are offered with a 50mm or a 200mm extension. Housing material can be IP66 cast aluminium or IP67 polycarbonate and an ATEX/IEC Intrinsically Safe variant can be selected. Process connection is threaded 2” NPT or 2” BSP (G 2”).
Microwave-based radar is a superior measurement technology with its ability to operate effectively in a wide range of process conditions. It has been too expensive to use as a replacement for ultrasonic transmitters in simple, daily applications…until now. The R82 radar transmitter can be considered the answer to almost every daily level measurement application imaginable.
- 24 VDC, loop-power with HART®
- Housing: Lexan® or cast aluminium
- Range: 15″ (380 mm) to 40 feet (12 m) measured from process connection
- Antenna: Encapsulated horn – polypropylene or Tefzel®
- Antenna extension: 50mm or 200mm
- Process Temperature: -40 to +200 °F (-40 to +93 °C)
- Process Pressure: Vacuum to 200 psig (-1 to 13.8 bar)