Magnetrol Pulsar R80 Non-Contact Radar Level Transmitter
ABLE Instruments are the authorised representative for Magnetrol in the UK, including the Pulsar Model R80 radar transmitter, which is the latest generation of Magnetrol 24 VDC, loop-powered, non-contact radar transmitters. Utilising Frequency Modulated Continuous Wave (FMCW) radar technology, this transmitter offers enhanced performance, proactive diagnostics, and various configuration wizards to bring simplicity to an often complex technology.
FMCW devices transmit a continuous signal with a constantly changing frequency down toward the liquid. The detected difference in frequencies between the transmitted signal and return echo is proportional to the distance. Level is then calculated by factoring in tank height and other configuration information.
This latest entry into the radar level measurement field is designed to provide unparalleled performance and ease of use. The 80 GHz Pulsar Model R80 is the perfect complement to Magnetrol’s 6 GHz Pulsar Model R96 and 26 GHz Model R86 radar transmitters. Together, this transmitter family, along with the acclaimed Model 706 GWR transmitter, offers the ultimate solution set for those difficult industrial process level applications.
- Multivariable two-wire, 24 VDC loop-powered transmitter for level, volume, or flow
- Performance not process dependent (changing specific gravity and dielectric have no effect)
- 80 GHz operating frequency offers superior performance, smaller antennas, better accuracy and enhanced resolution
- Antenna designs up to 200°C (+400 °F), -1 to 70 bar (-14.5 to 1000 psi)
- Range up to 30 meters (100 feet)
- 4-button keypad and graphic LCD allow for convenience viewing of configuration parameters and echo curve
- Proactive diagnostics advise not only what is wrong but also offer troubleshooting tips
- SIL 2 suitable (92.3% SFF, with full FMEDA report available)