- ITS 16 ATEX 18474, II 2 (2) G Ex db ia [ia] IIB T4 Gb hazardous location approvals
- Wireless capability
- Field interchangeable toxic / combustible gas sensors
- Hot swappable battery (swappable in the hazardous area)
- Easy calibration and operation
- 5+ year battery life
- Innovative FLEXmountTM system provides flexible, easy mounting and fast easy removal or relocation
- -4°F to 122°F (-20°C to 50°C) operating temperature
- Methane (CH₄) or Hydrogen Sulphide (H₂S) gases
- 1% LEL or 1 ppm resolution
- Accuracy: ±2% LEL (CH₄ sensor) ; ±10 PPM (H₂S sensor)
- Repeatability: ±2 % LEL (CH₄ sensor) ; ±10 PPM (H₂S sensor)
United Electric Vanguard Intrinsically Safe WirelessHART Gas Detector
The Vanguard Toxic and Combustible WirelessHART® Gas Detector was born to be wireless. With a 5-year battery and 1-button calibration — the Vanguard is a gas detector built for the wireless world! The new Vanguard WirelessHART gas detector’s flexible monitoring of toxic or combustible gas can save lives. Its ultra-long battery life saves maintenance trips. Its easy pushbutton calibration; mount-anywhere mobility; and seamless, plug-and-play interoperability save time and trouble. And of course, eliminating long wiring runs saves thousands in installation costs.
The Vanguard WirelessHART® gas detector is ideal for the monitoring of toxic and combustible gases without the need for costly and fixed wiring. With a five year battery life and one button calibration, the Vanguard detector is easy to operate and maintain. Each Vanguard detector has a WirelessHART® transceiver, an antenna, a display, a long life power module, a gas sensor, and a signal processor for the gas sensor. Vanguard uses a sensor architecture trademarked “Flexsense,” which allows the sensor to identify its target gas and self-configure to a Vanguard transmitter upon connection.
This Vanguard includes base transmitter, long life battery pack containing two lithium battery cells (7.2V operating voltage), operating system, radio module, WirelessHART 7.2 communication protocol, 2.4 GHz antenna, and mounting bracket kit. Please select either a non-dispersive infrared (NDIR) methane sensor (0-100% LEL), an electrochemical hydrogen sulphide sensor (0-100 PPM), or an electrochemical carbon monoxide sensor (0-500 ppm) below: