- ITS 16 ATEX 18474, II 2 (2) G Ex db ia [ia] IIB T4 Gb hazardous location approvals
- Wireless capability
- Field interchangeable toxic / combustible gas sensors
- Hot swappable battery (swappable in the hazardous area)
- Easy calibration and operation
- 5+ year battery life
- -4°F to 122°F (-20°C to 50°C) operating temperature
- Methane (CH₄) or Hydrogen Sulphide (H₂S) gases
- 1% LEL or 1 ppm resolution
- Accuracy: ±2% LEL (CH₄ sensor) ; ±10 PPM (H₂S sensor)
- Repeatability: ±2 % LEL (CH₄ sensor) ; ±10 PPM (H₂S sensor)
United Electric Vanguard Intrinsically Safe WirelessHART Gas Detector
The new intrinsically safe Vanguard WirelessHART gas detector from United Electric requires no fixed / costly wiring and is the perfect instrument for monitoring toxic / combustible gases. Vanguard has an extremely long lifespan (five year+ battery life and is also ‘hot swappable’ in zone 1 hazardous areas) and also incorporates a ‘one button’ calibration, meaning it is easy to operate and maintain. Vanguard also uses a sensor construction trademarked ‘Flexsense’ meaning the sensor can identify its target gas AND self-configure to a Vanguard transmitter upon connection.
Due to it’s WirelessHART compatibility, the Vanguard can also be used as a portable device.
This Vanguard includes base transmitter, long life battery pack containing two lithium battery cells (7.2V operating voltage), operating system, radio module, WirelessHART 7.2 communication protocol, 2.4 GHz antenna, and mounting bracket kit. Please select either a non-dispersive infrared (NDIR) methane sensor (0-100% LEL) or an electrochemical hydrogen sulphide sensor (0-100 PPM) below: