ToughPIX EXTREME – The new intrinsically safe digital camera from CorDEXAnnouncements | Thursday, 18th February Share
Simple to use and packed full of features, the ToughPIX EXTREME intrinsically safe digital camera captures high quality digital images safely in Zone 1 and Zone 2 hazardous (explosive) areas. Whether in daylight, low light or even total darkness the auto adjusting CMOS sensor coupled with best in class LED flash, ToughPIX EXTREME can capture the shot you need.
Safety & security at a world leading price point
Simple to use and packed full of features, the ToughPIX EXTREME, intrinsically safe digital camera captures high quality digital images safely in Zone 1 and Zone 2 hazardous (explosive) areas. Whether in daylight, low light or even total darkness the auto adjusting CMOS sensor coupled with best in class LED flash, ToughPIX EXTREME can capture the shot you need.
In addition to high quality still images, this zone 1 approved camera can also capture movies. With a resolution of 1280×1024 running 5hz the only limit is the space available on the 8Gb intrinsically safe, removable memory card provided as standard with every camera.
ToughPIX EXTREME is not only intrinsically safe, it is also intrinsically secure. Unlike constantly connected IoT devices which represent a real threat to the security of your assets and intellectual property, the EXTREME maintains the integrity of your site by creating a single wifi hotspot link for image download, safe to use within the hazardous area. Alternatively, for ultimate security, simply return to the safe area, remove the SD card from the camera and download you images onto a PC via the card reader provided.
ToughPIX EXTREME helps you maximise your return on investment with its 2000mAh removable, rechargeable battery. Unlike devices with built in batteries which need to be remain in the safe area to be recharged, costing you time and money, ToughPIX EXTREME can keep functioning continuously. Once a battery is depleted, simply replace it with a new one and keep on working.
Certified for Zone 1 IIC T4 (G) hazardous (explosive) areas, ToughPIX EXTREME is the low cost, high value solution to digital image capture needed in todays industry. Fully certified by a UK and EU Notified Body, this camera is ready for BREXIT with no disruption in supply.
The new @CorDEX_IS EXTREME Digital Camera, now available from stock at https://t.co/EChT4fZ0M4#intrinsicallysafecamera #digitalcamera #toughpix #extreme https://t.co/0bTUel1JzS pic.twitter.com/di85knXxPi
— 247able (@247able) February 18, 2021
CorDEX EXTREME Features and benefits
Best in class image quality
- 5Mpixel image sensor, tuned to collect fine detail and colour, even in low light
- Ultrabright LED flash, powered by a ATEX protected SuperCapacitor, ToughPIX EXTREME has the power to light up large areas in total darkness with complete confidence and safety
- Dedicated “rating plate” mode, designed to adjust sensor settings to closeup shots of Ex rating plates
- Movie capable with a resolution of 1280×1024 @5Hz, enabling continuous capture of plant operations. So long as there is space on the Intrinsically Secure SD card, you can keep on shooting
Virtually unlimited runtime
- A removable, rechargeable battery pack means that you are not wasting time waiting for your camera to recharge, the only limitation on ToughPIX EXTREME runtime is the number of batteries available
- With a best in class runtime of 8 hours, ToughPIX EXTREME can complete a full shift on a single charge
- Fast, 90 minutes recharge time means that fresh batteries are never far away, keeping your camera up and running, reducing your return on investment
Intrinsically safe, intrinsically secure
- Dedicated firmware, resistant to malware attacks common to un-secure apps. ToughPIX EXTREME runs dedicated firmware which is secured against third part application installations, protecting your plant and your asset integrity
- Secure wifi hotspot for point to point image transfer. Adopting the “two-layer” security protocol, ToughPIX EXTREME does not allow direct connection of the camera to any network, protecting not only the exposure of your facility to uncontrolled image sharing, but also your hard-earned intellectual property from potential theft. With its Intrinsically Safe, Intrinsically Secure WiFi hotspot ToughPIX EXTREME can share its images with a single third-party device, even within the hazardous area, providing a level of security far surpassing constantly connected IoT devices.
- For added security, images can be downloaded in the safe area by removing the onboard Ex SD Card from the locked battery bay via a suitably authorised computer using the card reader provided
- Manufactured from aircraft grade aluminium with a certified Ingress Protection (IP) level 54 to En605209 means that ToughPIX EXTREME can withstand drop, shock, water and ice without letting you down
- Glove friendly button and joystick navigation enables positive selection of menus and sunlight clear LCD means you can always get your shot, day or night
The CorDEX ToughPIX EXTREME is now available to buy from stock at ABLE’s e-commerce division, 247able. We can deliver globally, and any in-stock UK mainland order placed before 16:00 will be delivered next day.
At 247able, we want customers to benefit from our experience, expertise and independence. Our depth of instrumentation knowledge and ability to apply a diverse range of technologies has established us as a leader in providing the right solution, whatever the requirement. In short, being able to make your measurement is more than what we do, it’s who we are.
If you would like more information regarding this article, please contact us at [email protected] or +44 (0)118 916 9420.
Leave a Reply