Lighting the way to increased safetyAnnouncements | Tuesday, 22nd March Share
ABLE Instruments are a leading UK distributor, stockist and service provider of Petrel Limited portable ATEX lighting equipment for use in Zone 1, 21, 2, 22 hazardous areas.
Petrel’s Hazardous Area Lighting Solutions
The Petrel hazardous area approved Portable LED Luminaire range is designed for use on process plants, such as Oil & Gas platforms, where maintenance regimes dictate that vessels and hydrocarbon lines in the separation chain be emptied of hazardous substances prior to the “breaking of containment”, i.e., opening up to the atmosphere. Such procedures often involve isolation of the system under maintenance from any connected sources of pressure. Despite the precautionary work, routines breaking into lines that are known to contain hydrocarbons, lines that cannot be proved to be gas free or into lines where isolation valves are suspected to be passing gas, have the potential to be highly hazardous to personnel.
Throw some light on the subject
Projects and tasks carried out in hazardous environments are often made more challenging by poor visibility and dark working conditions. Petrel’s range of portable LED light fittings have been designed for use in a wide variety of hazardous area applications. A broad range of mounting options enables increased control of lighting angles and positioning for use in a variety of hazardous work environments including tank cleaning, confined space entry and maintenance activities.
Utilising advanced, solid state LED technology, Petrel’s IECEx & ATEX Zone 1 certified lighting products provide enhanced illumination levels, wide-spread light output and cost-savings. Furthermore, The Portable family is completed by a range of Zone 0 rated rechargeable and single use battery powered LED torches.
Tough, practical and flexible
Petrel’s class leading design and performance provides users with a robust, reliable solution whilst remaining light enough to be carried around on site with ease. The range can be applied virtually anywhere explosive atmospheres occur:
- Offshore platforms
- Petroleum refineries
- Gasoline storage and dispensing areas
- Rooms with propane gas installation
- Spray paint booths and finishing areas
- Aircraft hangers with fuel servicing areas
- Utility gas plants
- Chemical plants
- Alcohol production facilities
- Storage and handling of liquified petroleum gas or natural gas
Essentially, the Petrel range is the operator’s preference for all situations where non-routine or hazardous construction, modification, inspection, maintenance, repair, testing, dismantling and cleaning are conducted.
Petrel Ex Lighting Range At A Glance
- Up to 12,500 Lumen output depending on variant
- Temperature range of -40° to + 55°C (depending on variant)
- Low maintenance high efficiency LED light source
- Heavy duty durable construction
- Steel swivel mounting bracket and frame (Transportable)
- Units are linkable via ATEX approved plug & socket arrangements
- A robust design that has been tested to the highest possible rating of IK10
- Supplied with chemical and scratch resistant polycarbonate lens as standard
- Tempered glass lens as an option (Transportable)
- Low voltage versions available
- Safe area versions available
- Manufactured solely in the UK
ABLE can assist you and your customers in the following areas:
- Handle future pre-arranged ‘call off’ quantities for expedient delivery
- Offer after sales support via our team of factory trained engineers
- Offer hands-on, high impact training utilising our state-of the art training rig
Did you know these market leading portable and temporary lighting solutions are available for hire?
The portable lighting, designed and manufactured in the UK by Petrel Ltd, is available for short and long-term periods. Have a particular application in mind? We’d welcome a call on +44 (0) 1189 169 420, or email us now at [email protected]
Leave a Reply